As Brett and I just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary which is also our 1 year sealing anniversary I've taken some time to think about my life since going through the temple and making my family an eternal family. Life is still hard and in my opinion some of the hardest things I've been through have happened in this last year. But I dont think that I would have been able to deal with them had I not be sealed to my family. For example. In the last calendar year 2008 both Brett and I had surgery. We had not been through the temple when Brett had his- and Roz will agree as she sat in the waiting room with me that I was a wreck. It was only surgery on his hand but you never know surgery is always risky and I knew that we were so close to being sealed together for eternity that I just wanted to make sure we met that goal in this life time. If something had happened to him I wouldnt have had that peace that he was mine forever. Then in August of last year I had my surgery. I wasnt the one that had to wait in the waiting room but as they rolled me down the hall away from brett I knew that regardless of what happened our family would be together forever. It was still hard not knowing what the doctors would find or what they would tell us on the other side of the surgery but we were a forever family and that was what mattered.As I sit here this year later again pregnant and bringing soon into this family another life it is wonderful knowning that this little spirit will be ours from the moment she arives. There wont be one second of her life that she isnt sealed to us. That is an awsome blessing our Father in Heaven has given to us. I am grateful that Brett and I both had the same goals of reaching the temple and I am grateful every day that he holds the Priesthood in our home. Thanks Babe for the years we have had together and I look forward to many many more years to come! ( cause you chose to be sealed to me, so now your stuck FOREVER!!!)
4 comments:
congrats! You guys have accomplished a lot of wonderful things in the time you have been married! It was so special for us to be at your sealing as a family!
You guys are so awesome. I'm sure that was terribly scary to have the surgery on Brett before you were sealed. I'm glad that you guys have that special blessing in your lives now =)
you are such a great example kira. congrats on your gorgeous family
I think that Brett is "stuck" forever and that he doesn't "suck" forever.
Post a Comment