Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

Well its official. I have 2 kiddo's in school... what? I don't believe it myself so its ok if you don't believe it.     I was telling my sister as I was driving her over to the high school this morning that it feels to weird that I just dropped off my girls at their schools and now was taking her to HS when I feel like I just got out of HS last year.... ok reality check. My 10 year HS reunion was this year!

Alright less about me and more about the girls! Miss Presley started preschool on the 21st and absolutely LOVED it. She chose blueberry pancakes for her 1st day of school breakfast. She was so ready to go and when we got there and got her name tag she didn't even want me to walk her up she just wanted to go on her own. She had a couple little melt downs the first two days but she really enjoyed today. Especially getting to give all her classmates suckers for her birthday.



Miss Brinley started Kindergarten today.  She expressed more than once that she was nervous and that she wasn't sure she wanted to go to Kindergarten. Besides a serious meltdown on mom and Brin's part about her hair the morning preparations went well. She chose German Pancakes as her 1st day of school breakfast.  She cried for a minute in the car on the way to school ( which caused Presley to cry... although Pete didn't know why she was crying except that Brin was so she probably ought to!)  Once we got to school she walked right in hung her back pack up and found her seat. I think it was harder on mom than it was on her! She was all smiles when we picked her up and said she got to play on the play ground at recess- good old recess. She also got 2 tokens "made out of paper" for listening and following the rules. She is excited to go tomorrow!



Here isto what I imagine is going to be a very busy year... a very busy next 20 some odd years while I have kids in school!

1 comment:

Steph said...

They are both soooo cute! Love all the pictures. Now we will realy never see eachother with crazy driving around in cars all day schedules :)