Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ryker is 4 months old.. ok so almost 5 months old!


WOW how time has flied. This kiddo is basically 1 month away from 6 month old and at that point he is halfway to a year and then where did my baby go, and then I will need another baby... ok probably not. But the point is these kids grow up WAY to fast I mean Presley is almost 2.. but thats another post... one you probably will never read with my track record!

Back to the fact that my baby is 4 months old! He is a tank! at his last appt he was:

 15.9 lbs
 26 inches long

lets be honest though he started out big. My biggest baby by far, bigger than I was at birth and WAY bigger than Brett was at birth. I have a small feeling that although he looks like a Peterson he is going to be built like my uncles and my cousin on my mom's side!

* Ryker is a complete sweetheart he loves when his sisters talk to him and is happy to just hang out now that we figured out he has Reflux and we got him on some medication.

* He is interested in the toys laying around him and hanging from his carseat... which speaking of carseat he has almost entirely out grown the infant seat but are trying to keep him in it as long as possible because its just much more convenient for us!

* He LOVES his sleep just like Presley.

* Ryker HATES for me to talk while he is eating and if he had it his way I would always be in a quiet room so he could eat in peace.

* He has to sleep with a noise machine just like Presley, its makes its difficult because im to cheap to go buy 3 sound machines.. let me explain. Presley's sound machine is on its last leg thus the 1st machine i need to purchase, Ryker needs one 2nd machine I need to purchase, the sound machine Presley has was originally purchased for Brinley and she keeps asking when we are going to get her another one so there is the 3rd one I would have to buy if I went a bought the other 2. At 20 bucks a pop Im not looking to spend 60 on sound machines! so we are ghetto and we turn presleys monitor and the sound machine in her room, then we put the receiver to presleys monitor next to rykers head so he can hear the noise as well as presley! It works very well! And I take all the credit for coming up with that idea! the saying "make do or do without" comes to mind!

* Ryker LOVES being in the wrap but lets be honest carrying around an almost 16 lbs kid who is 98% in height its tiring and awkward! When I hold him I feel like he should be able to hang out on my hip and hold himself up. No such luck yet- He is still trying to figure out how to hold his Peterson head steady!

* He can lay on his stomach hold his head completely up and play with toys!

* because of his reflux he has essentially been weaning himself for the last few months. So we have had to put him on formula part time. He put on a pound and 9 oz in one week after he was finally getting enough food! He is now working on his chunky thighs!


My sister Madi took these pictures while she was here visiting. I think he is 4 months in these pictures



Ryker with his sisters and cousin Hadley!


We are so glad to have this little boy in our family and I am constantly amazed that I have a blonde haired blue eyed kid. It is pretty cool though that he looks like his Papa Rey!

1 comment:

Steph said...

holy crap you blogged!!! :) Ryker is a super cutie pie! I loved hearing all the facts about him!