Monday, November 2, 2009

want to pay 4 cents per load of laundry?

My sister was emailed a recipe-for lack of a better word, to make your own laundry and it cost you 4 cents a load. that may not sound like much. the math and add up how much laundry you do maybe its worth it to you to try this out. I figure anyway I can be saving money- means more money in my pocket. So im passing on this "recipe" to all of you

1/2 cup borax
1/2 washing soda
1 bar of soap grated up
1 tablespoon per load... 2 tablespoons for a large load

I doubled it because the dove soap comes in 2 packs and I didnt even make a dent in the boxes of borax and washing soda. In fact I have enough left to buy 13 more bars of soap and make 13 more batches of this stuff.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Good idea to give it a try. Just be careful on the girls' - especially Presley's - clothes. Harsh things like bar soap and borax can make kids with sensitive skin break out in really bad rashes. Just a precaution =)

Whitney said...

We have been using borax for a while now. We add it into our laundry detergent to make it last longer. We even was some dishes with borax. Its some good stuff. Looks like a cool recipe. I like making things like that homemade. I make my own baby wipes and it makes me feel good and money smart.