Sunday, June 13, 2010

The best Pilot I know


Today we went to a missionary farewell for our friend Cassidy. I spent the majority of the Sacrament Meeting in the foyer but was able to take the Sacrament so I was happy we had atleast made it there for that. The final speaker was a man from Kenya. He bore his testimony and told of an experince that I am so grateful I was there to hear. He told of a flight he took where there was some problems once in the air. The passangers were all frightened except this little 7 yr old boy sitting next to him. At one point he turned to the boy who was calmly playing his video game and asked " why aren't you scared?" the boys reply was simple- The man flying this plane is my father and he is the best pilot I know.
So many times in my life I have gone through rough patches and ALWAYS I am brought safely through. Though at the time I wonder why I am going through it and if I will return safetly to my Father in Heaven in the end. But as long as we put our Trust in Jesus Christ he will always bring us safetly home. Trust in our Savior is the only answer. I needed this reminder that I dont have to pilot myself through rough times I can alway turn to the "best Pilot I know"

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks for sharing this, kids are so sensitive to the spirit. It's funny how the answer is usually so simple if we put our faith in our Heavenly
Father. I seem to try to do a lot on my own as well, and it doesn't always seem to work out the best!

I love when people share spiritual moments that touched them! You Rock!
Your strong and can make it through!

Ellery Pugmire said...

That is a wonderful analogy. You guys are adorable. Hope all is well. xoxo,
Ellery