Thursday, January 21, 2010

my new "project"

My sisters have these notebooks they call their happiness is... books. They write in it any little thing that brings them happiness. I never have done this but thought it is a good thing to start to focus on the positive things in life that bring us happiness instead of focusing on the hard stuff.
I decided I am going to do this on my blog. once a week, every other week, whenever I find something that makes me think happiness is... feel free to join me if you ever are going about your day and find something that just makes you think "happiness is... this."

To start this off here is mine. Happiness is.... This Elvis lamp!


I have looked off and on for a lamp for years. I wanted one so... now dont judge me.. I didnt have to get out of bed to turn off the light when I was done reading! and so the light wasn't disrupting my familys sleep. We recently got new night stands.. which are happiness themselves! and now I have plenty of room for lamp so I started casually looking again. We went to sell un-watched DVDs at FYE and there it was! It was totally meant to be mine!

4 comments:

Lesa said...

I love the lamp!! I totally understand the not wanting to get out of bed. I had to buy lamps for the exact same reason. Chris thought it was really funny.

The Coleman Family said...

Thats a great idea!

Steph said...

It's so important to look a the things that make you happy ! That elvis lamp is so you! I was feeling happy yesterday too I did a happy blog post as well! :)

Karyn said...

Cute idea. That lamp is awesome =)